real (estate) happy

This past weekend the man and I happened into the world of home buying. We were driving down a street near our apartment,on our way to a park to eat our grocery store sandwiches, and we noticed a new row of townhouses. We pulled over and started writing down the realtor's contact info, just so we could check it out later even though we knew it would be out of our league, and lo and behold the realtor walked by.
He invited us in to take a look. We obliged. We ogled at the newness of it, the location of it (right there in Capitol Hill!), the gas stove, the one car garage, the stone-laid bathroom. We cringed at the price, the 1600 sq. feet some lucky person can get for $450k.
Now we've got the bug. We're going to figure out A. What we want and B. What we can get.
I have serious home envy. I will own a home by summer of 2006. Hopefully much sooner.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home