Monday, November 21, 2005

trapped at an all ages show

A friend called up Saturday night and asked the man and I if we were interested in seeing a show for free down at the Showbox. Yes, of course, always interested in seeing a show, especially if it's free. What band? A friend's band. Cool.

Little did we realize that the band in question - Trapt - is one of the latest nu metal rockers with heavy MTV rotation and a rebel teen fanbase. Not really my cup of tea, but a fun experience all the same. We got in on "The List" which always feels good, then holed up next to a bar. Trapt took the stage and infused the whole place with energy. There were teens bopping around like rabid monkeys the whole time, fists in the air and discontent in their blood. Ah sweet youth. Here's a pic from our vantage point next to the bar - it's from a camera phone so not too clear but you get the idea.

Afterwards we migrated over to The Triple Door and had drinks and snackies. I'd never been there before, but I liked the atmosphere a lot - a chill bar, not uber trendy but just enough decoration to be hip. Plus the staff was really friendly. I'd love to head back there for a jazz show or some other fun night out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home