Wednesday, December 07, 2005

no pain, no gain

The man and I (read: me, Queen Bitch, twist arm, apply pressure and hold) decided to tackle holiday cards last night. Boy, was that fun!

It actually was pretty entertaining, with all the goofing off we did after tanking up on much caffeine (tis the season for grande gingerbread lattes!) How much time can two people procrastinate while sitting with all necessary materials present? I'm proud to report we pushed that limit further than we previously thought possible.

In the end, we pulled through and got a good start. Still many to write, but at least we've got the rhythm down now.

After focusing so intently on the task at hand for what seemed like hours, the man and I rewarded ourselves with a trip to the local music store. I got a few cds that I've been wanting for a while, and I'm excited to listen to them in coming days. They are: Johnny Cash, Legend of Johnny Cash ("But I have to say my all-time favorite book is Johnny Cash's autobiography 'Cash' by Johnny Cash."); MIA, Arular; David Bowie, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust; Bright Eyes, Digital Ash in a Digital Urn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home