what about prom
Over the weekend I learned that I should never again attempt to sing "Pretty in Pink" at a karaoke bar, as much as I love it.
A. I am a female singing a song about a woman from a man's perspective. There's no huge love story in the lyrics, but it's too confusing for the average [intoxicated] audience.
B. I don't have a man's deep voice and I simply cannot hit the notes, even when intoxicated.
C. I think any song with more than a 10 sec musical break/intro/bridge should be taken off the list of choices. The audience gets bored easily and nobody wants to watch you standing up there with a mic in your hand bopping around awkwardly, waiting for the lyrics to kick back in.
D. "Pretty in Pink" ends by trailing off into random bursts of lyrical thought, no song in sight. End strong, not long!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home